A lot happens during your first appointment at Eagle Mountain Family Dental! As a new patient, we need to gather information about your general and oral health as well as the medications you take. Many medical conditions complicate your oral health, so we need to see the “big picture.”
Once we have your comprehensive history, Dr. Reeves will talk with you to define your expectations and desires for treatment. He’ll discuss past dental experiences you’ve had to understand how we can give you the best experience possible.
- Soft tissue evaluation – Dr. Reeves checks the tissues in the lips, tongue, mouth, throat, face, neck and salivary glands for signs of enlargement.
- Oral cancer screening - performed on every patient at every exam
- Periodontal evaluation – includes a screening and noting any areas of concern.
- TMD screening – check for problems with the TMJ (temporomandibular joint)
- Hard tissue exam – evaluate teeth for signs of decay, fracture, wear, or teeth grinding.
- Occlusal (bite) evaluation – check to see your teeth come together when you bite down
- Digital x-rays as needed for diagnosis
After your exam, Dr. Reeves will propose an initial treatment plan, and a member of our team will help you arrange future appointments as necessary. We will also discuss how your insurance benefits apply as well as financing with CareCredit.
If you are ready to schedule your first dental exam at our Azle, TX dental office, please call us at (817) 270-4746.