Crowns and Bridges
If you have a missing tooth or one that is weakened by decay or trauma, you may be surprised by the effect it has on our day-to-day life. You have to give up certain foods because it hurts too much to chew, and it may even affect your speech. Worst of all is that embarrassing gap that makes you want to hide your smile.
At Eagle Mountain Family Dental, we see how frustrating it is for our patients, and we want to help. Dr. Kyle Reeves offers high-quality dental crowns and bridges that restore your oral health, comfort, and confidence.
Smile Confidently Again with Dental Crowns
If you have a tooth too weakened by tooth decay, wear, or injury, for a tooth-colored filling, we would recommend a dental crown, also called a cap.
Dental crowns placed at our Azle, TX dental office address numerous problems:
- Strengthen and protect teeth weakened by decay or trauma
- Replace a missing tooth (dental implant restoration)
- Correct an uneven dental bite
- Protect and strengthen a tooth after root canal treatment
- Mask some cosmetic flaws like poorly shaped or discolored teeth
Since there’s rarely a one-size-fits-all solution in dentistry, we offer dental crowns in different materials depending on your needs:
- Porcelain crowns look natural and blend well with your smile. We usually place porcelain crowns on the teeth that show when you smile.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns tend to be stronger than all-porcelain, so we often recommend them for teeth like molars where more chewing power is needed.
- Gold is the most durable material available for dental crowns. Dr. Reeves would recommend a gold crown if you have a heavy tooth grinding or clenching habit.
Getting Your New Dental Crown
The process for getting your new dental crown takes place over two visits to our Azle, TX dental office.
- The first step is to prepare your tooth for the crown by reshaping it. Next, we take impressions of your teeth that we use to create a model of your teeth. We use the model to create a temporary, then send it to a custom dental lab where your final crown is made.
- When your tooth crown is ready, we will have you return to our dental office so Dr. Reeves can remove the temporary and check the new dental crown for fit. He will make adjustments as needed so that it fits comfortably and doesn’t interfere with your dental bite.
- The final step is to cement the dental crown in place and adjust it, so it fits with surrounding teeth. With proper care that includes oral hygiene and routine preventive dental visits, your dental crown could last as long as ten years.
Replace Missing Teeth with Fixed Bridges
If you have one or two missing teeth in the same area of your mouth, a fixed dental bridge is an excellent time-tested solution. A dental bridge is designed to fill the space left by a missing tooth.
It is typically a three-piece unit that consists of an artificial tooth called a pontic that sits in the open space. The pontic is held securely in place by dental crowns attached to adjacent teeth.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
If you are unhappy with your smile and want your life to stop revolving around a damaged or missing tooth, please call our Azle, TX dental office. We want to help you enjoy the freedom that comes with knowing your smile is healthy, comfortable, and attractive.
Please call Eagle Mountain Family Dental to arrange an appointment with Dr. Reeves.